WIDER INFORMATION ABOUT HIGHER EDUCATION
Peter Symonds College is committed to making it easier for students and the wider public to access to information about our Higher Education provision and courses. As part of the Wider Information Set (WIS) requirements as set out by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), we have made documents publicly available for students and the wider public. The links below will point you in the direction of information, which we hope you will find useful.
Information on the Institutional context:
- The College Mission Statement
- The College’s Higher Education Statement
- The Higher Education Student Charter
- The Higher Education Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy
- The College has three university partners who validate our provision; Middlesex University,the University of Chichester and the University of Greenwich.The programmes that are delivered with each partner are outlined in the College's University Prospectus
- HE Careers and Employability Statement.
Information about Admissions, Support & Complaints:
- Our Current University Prospectus
- Admissions Protocol & Flow chart
- Recognition of Prior Learning Guidelines
- Support for Higher Education Students
- HE Grievance & Complaints Procedure
- HE Student Disciplinary & Exclusion Procedure
- HE Assessment Board Appeal Procedure
- HE Academic Misconduct Procedure
- Appeal Procedure for students asked to withdraw
- Terms & Conditions
- The results of internal student surveys are available internally on Moodle.
Information on the quality and standards of programmes:
Courses are awarded and quality assured by the relevant awarding body and the College operates under the academic regulations of that body for any course or module approval. The College’s individual processes for quality assurance and enhancement are designed to interconnect in order to create an approach, which is rigorous and effective. They include gathering student feedback, external examiners comment, an annual review process of courses and internal review as well as review by the awarding body in the case of programmes awarded and quality assured by Middlesex University.
- The College’s Programme Review Process
- The College’s Internal Review Process
- The College’s initial QAA review action plan